Meet Etsy Seller HazardBaby

Posted Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop HazardBaby

HazardBaby has been selling on Etsy since July 2014, they sell humorous infant onesies, toddler t-shirts, rompers, and bibs printed with warning signs on them. Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Baby Rompers. Caution: Handle with CareToddler T-Shirt. Danger: Flying ObjectsBaby Onesie. Warning: If odor detected contact professional service providerToddler T-Shirt. Attention: Fragile Contents

What motivated you to start your shop?
Originally from Princeton, NJ, I attended The University of Vermont where I graduated with a degree in Integrated Natural Resources.  After four years of working with the US Forest Service, my husband and I started a Country Store/Cider Mill business, while my husband, quite accidentally, began growing a masonry business.  After our first daughter was born, we re-evaluated our priorities and sold the store to focus on our new family and the masonry business.  Fast forward several years, with my two girls in school, I was beginning to look at my work options when the idea for Hazard Baby came along....

What is the story behind your shop name?
Hazard Baby was born at a propane filling station with a rented VW Camper Bus on a family tour of the Utah National Forests in 2011.  The warning label on the propane tank asked us to alert an official if we noticed an odor.  We decided that this warning also applied to babies!  We quickly realized that a great many warning and caution signs for equipment and material safety also apply to kids!  I soon got to work on designing the Hazard Baby logo and "titles".

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I knew it would be "easy" to create an online shop..... I was and continue to be surprise at how large the market is out there, not only in baby clothes, but in online crafters in general.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I enjoyed creating all of my warning/caution "titles"  Each one gave me a chuckle while designing them.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
What I find most challenging about being an Etsy seller (and in general an online seller) is marketing on a very small to almost no budget.  There are so many sellers of the same product, how do I make my brand stand out?

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
To create something fun.  My saying is "Because babies really should have warning labels!"  How many times have you heard a parent or grandparent say that?

What do you do when you aren't working?
I live in the mountains of NH with my husband, two children, dog, & several laying hens.  I enjoy being with my family, being outside in the garden in the summer, hiking, and knitting in my down time.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
"What's in store for Hazard Baby's future?  I have already designed 6 more titles that will soon be added to the current ten.  More sizes and colors!  Not only can we add more sizes to our onesie, toddler, and romper lines, but most of our titles can apply to youths as well.  Perhaps even adult sizes are in our future.  Cozy sweatshirts, long sleeved onesies & t-shirts, dress, hats, blankets, and bags.  Plus more titles.  I am constantly on the lookout for more tasteful ""warnings"".  The possibilities are endless!
When it comes down to it, I hope my customers have as much fun with their Hazard Baby clothing as I do in designing them."

HazardBabyis offering a free shipping on all orders in her Etsy shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "HBETSYFREESHIP" at checkout. Valid until July 31st 2015.


Baby Bib. Danger: Volatile ContentsBaby Onesie. This End UpBaby Rompers. Caution: Accidents May HappenBaby Onesie. Caution: Tripping Hazard
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...