Meet Etsy Seller Melinda Bryant Photo

Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Today we would like to introduce you to

Melinda Bryant Photo has been selling on Etsy since September 2011, they sell party items, such as invites, decor items etc, plus some lovely photo art prints! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Reptile Party Thank You Cards -- print at home -- 4x5 -- instant downloadReptile Party Coloring Page Table Runner or Wrapping PaperReptile Party Table Tents Snake Diecut, 2x6" folded, pack of 6Dinosaur Party Poster Backdrop 2x3' print at home

What motivated you to start your shop?
My kids!
Our rowdy boys shared a bedroom and it just wasn't working.  We decided it was time for them, and us, to get some sleep.  They weren't happy about being separated so I offered to decorate their bedrooms in the themes of their choice.  That got them excited!  One son chose animals and the other chose dinosaurs.  So the three of us set out to take some pictures, which eventually became the first of many products offered in my shop.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I had already built a photography business under the decidedly un-creative name of Melinda Bryant Photography.  Titles aren't my thing.  When I went to open my Etsy, I decided to take advantage of the internet presence I'd already built.  Unfortunately it was too many characters for Etsy, so a truncated "Melinda Bryant Photo" was the perfect solution.  I kinda like it better anyway.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I think I have been more excited than surprised.  The idea that I have the freedom to create anything I can dream up, and offer it to the world is so thrilling!  The possibility inspires me.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love my party animals.  Back when I only sold prints, I used to look at my ferocious dinosaurs and imagine them with monocles and top hats.  One night, as I lay in bed, my T-Rex wandered into my head wearing a party hat.  I loved it!  The next morning I put together the first of my birthday invitations.  I quickly realized that any animal is adorable with a party hat on :)

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
My biggest and best challenges are the custom order requests.  People have great creativity!  It used to worry me when I first started, that people would ask for things I didn't know how to make -- so of course it happened all the time.  I'm so glad!  It forced me to jump hurdles I would have avoided without the pressure of expectations.  Some of my best products have been the result of custom order requests.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Foremost I want everything I sell to be of the highest quality.  If I wouldn't buy it, I won't sell it.  Most of my products are print-at-home items, so ease of printing is also at the top of my list.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I'm a mom.  I drive carpool, volunteer at the school and church, and shuttle kids to games and practices -- meanwhile we eat ramen noodles for dinner and the clean laundry never gets put away.
Girl Dinosaur Birthday Invitation -- print at home -- 4x6"Circus Birthday Party Candy Bar Wrappers -- print at home -- digital fileJungle Party Invitation -- print at home -- 5x7" -- gender neutralBlack Widow Spider wall art for insect lovers creepy 8x10"

Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...