Meet Etsy Seller Plumberrycouture

Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Plumberrycouture

Plumberrycouture has been selling on Etsy since June 2013, she sell handmade kids clothing. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Girls Ruffle Bib Twirly Dress- Brown Corduroy with Pink, Orange, and Cream. Size 6mo-8 (Matching Ruffle Pants Available) - PlumberryCouture Girl's Corduroy Chevron Peasant Dress with Contrast Chambray Ruched Panel 6mo-12- "Kinsleigh" - PlumberryCouture Girl's Super Kids Peasant Dress with Ruffled Placket 6mo-12- - PlumberryCouture Infant/Toddler Girls'  Stripwork Halter Dress (Aqua/ Orange/ Peach) "Sweet Georgia" - PlumberryCouture

What motivated you to start your shop?
I have always had a love for sewing and creating things. However after my own daughter was born in 2011 , my passion was reignited and I began making her items here and there. My husband suggested that I begin the process of setting up my own boutique to sell the items and thus Plumberry was born!

What is the story behind your shop name?
My name is actually a homage to the two women who taught me to sew, My grandmother and great-grandmother. They both were wonderful seamstresses and also both had tons of fresh berries always growing in their gardens, including a giant plum tree. My cousins and I always found great joy in picking berries and fresh plums during the day to eat on. Plumberry was a way to honor those two phenomenal women while giving a nod to one of my fondest childhood memories.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The amount of dedication and work it can take to be everything all at the same time. Larger companies have departments such as accounting, customer service, and shipping, however as a solo business owner I have to wear all of those hats plus some! If you do not truly love what you do it can be easy to burn out and give up, but I'm blessed to have an awesome support system in family and friends that help me however I need.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love anything that is bright and girly! My personal favorites are Peasant dresses and the ruffled bib Peggy Sue Dress with the matching ruffle pants. My daughter likes anything that is "fancy" and I love making anything that makes her smile!

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working i love to spend time with my husband and our three kids. We love to visit parks and the museums. I am a bookworm so I can completely spend a day immersed in a book! I also love board games and love beating my hubby at monopoly and scrabble!

What makes the coming holiday season special for you?
I LOVE the holiday season! From the food and decorations, to being able to enjoy time with family and friends, I live for it! Christmas is special to me as a Christian for obvious reasons, but this holiday season is special because it is my first year as a business owner. I am looking forward to my items being given as gifts. That is so humbling to me to be chosen to celebrate such special moments. I am also looking forward to spending some time creating a few items to donate to a children's home. I live a blessed life, and though a simple handmade dress might not be much to some, it can mean the world to a child who isn't as fortunate.

Plumberrycouture is offering a 15% discount in her shop at the moment. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "GIVETHANKS13" at checkout. Valid until 27th November 2013

Girls'  "Garden Party" Peasant Dress Sizes 6-8 - PlumberryCouture Infant/Toddler/ Girls'  Twirly Skirt 6mo-12 - PlumberryCouture Infant/Toddler Girls'  Ruffle Neck Dress with removable bow sash - PlumberryCouture Infant/Toddler Girls'  Ruffle Neck Dress with removable bow sash - PlumberryCouture

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...