Meet Etsy Seller Rising Star Art

Posted Wednesday, July 10, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Karen
and her Etsy shop RisingStarArt

RisingStarArt has been selling on Etsy since May 2008, she makes whimiscal folk art, children's books, prints, notecards and original paintings featuring bright colors, an unfettered imagination and unbridled joy. Karen is an award winning artist and author/illustrator. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

AUTOGRAPHED Illus. Childrens Book Cows Moon Mouse Psalm 139:14 Wonderfully Made Self Esteem - RisingStarArt Cow Art Pez candy charlie brown minnie mouse shrek donald duck Signed matted Fine Art Print - RisingStarArt Cow Art Piano Art  Stars Yellow  Blue Purple  Folk Art  Original Acrylic painting 16 x 20 framed - RisingStarArt Cow Art Hot Air Balloons Farm Friends Folk Art Childrens Art Nursery  Print Matted 11x14 - RisingStarArt

What motivated you to start your shop?
I was very excited about etsy and finding an audience that appreciated handmade items and my original art.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I call my studio "House of the Rising Star Folk Art." When I was at the lowest point in my life, I had a dream where my father called me in a telephone booth and told me to "go to the house of the falling star." I understood that to mean- "look within", as at that time, I was the falling star. My life has turned around in a myriad of ways and because I survived many hurdles, I now see myself as a rising star, not a falling one.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The amount of work it takes to make my items, get found, filling orders, uploading etc. I

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I just love painting and creating images from my imagination. I think I am living out my childhood through the images that come into my mind. I giggle sometimes at myself with the stuff I come up with. I make myself happy with my color palette.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Figuring out SEO and how to create good listings.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I have been blessed with a gift that is unique to the world and I have an obligation to share it. I create images from the heart that I want to uplift and give joy to others. I believe that art should be accessible to all and offer prints and originals in different price ranges so that everyone who wants it can own a little piece of my world.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Bright, vivacious, outgoing, a little crazy, driven, caring

What do you do when you aren't working?
I love to garden and have created little vignettes all over my yard featuring some of my handmade ceramic items and plants I love. I also created a special garden for my cats and pollinators featuring catmint, catnip, lavender and other perennials.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I took up pottery 2 years ago and also have another shop on etsy featuring decorative and functional pieces.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/risingstarpottery1

RisingStarArt is offering 10% discount in her shopTo use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "IREADABOUTYOU" at checkout. Valid until 24th July 2013.
Folk Art , Painting, Girls, Playing, Ball, Toss, Vintage, Original Acrylic,  5x7, Framed - RisingStarArt Cat Donut Sprinkles Miniature  Folk Art Original Acrylic painting4x4  framed - RisingStarArt Cow Art Blue Gnome Mushroom Miniature Original acrylic painting folk art framed Gnome - RisingStarArt Cow Art music notes chords pink orange blue yellow Folk Art Signed Matted Fine Art Print - RisingStarArt

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...