Meet Etsy Seller Kooky Critters

Posted Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Holly
and her Etsy shop KookyCritters

Kooky Critters has been selling on Etsy since February 2010, she specialize in making quirky and unique plushies. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

What motivated you to start your shop? 
My motivation to start this shop was most definitely my 3 kids.  We had spent a rainy summer day at the book store, looking over many craft/make your own softie sort of books and I had that "a-ha' type moment ("I could do this...").  We spent the next few rainy days (we had a long rainy stretch there) sketching our own monsters and ideas for plushies.  We had fun and they were so excited!  We started making some of them as gifts for friends and neighbors.  When they were a hit, a friend said to me "This is it, you know... you need to take this an run with it!"  I was hesitant at first, but the kids pushed me along and 3 years later, here we are.  :)

What is the story behind your shop name?
Kooky Critters was the name we came up with to convey the meaning and intent behind our creations.  They are meant to be silly, to make people laugh.  They are not supposed to be perfect as though made by machine...  They are carefully hand cut and stitched and not always perfect, but I think that is part of their charm.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I guess what surprised me the most is that people from all over the country that I did not know were buying up our Critters.  Each time an order came in it was so exciting!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My philosophy is this: Life is what you make of it, so why not make it fun.  Our Critters and their personal bios are pretty goofy and intended to make our audience laugh.  I really do crack up each time I finish stitching up a Critter... really!

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I am not working, I am hanging out with the kids, driving back and forth to music lessons, Tae Kwon Do, walking the dog, playing the piano, digging in the garden, spending time with my amazing husband and enjoying this little life I have made for myself.

1 comment:

Vivika said...

Great interview! Her creations are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...