Meet Etsy Seller Pink Mouse Boutique

Posted Thursday, December 06, 2012

Today we would like to introduce you to Karyn
and her Etsy shop Pink Mouse Boutique

Pink Mouse Boutique has been selling on Etsy since October 2008, she sells a beautiful range of handmade fun and funky girls dresses and boys clothes. All of their kids clothes are versatile, contemporary and affordable. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

$28.00

$38.00

$38.00

$28.00

What motivated you to start your shop? 
I started sewing when I was young. I think it was an inherited gift as my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother were all seamstresses. I have even inherited their sewing machines!

I started making kids clothes to sell on etsy after I had a car accident. The accident left me unable to stand for any length of time so I couldn't cut out large pattern pieces but I could sit and cut
out smaller kids clothes. Etsy became a life-line for me, giving me something so much more rewarding to do besides watch TV and play farmville.

What is the story behind your shop name?
My cat Timmy got me up and sewing after my car accident. He got me out of bed by annoying me with his little pink toy mouse. Of course he just wanted to play but he and that mouse made me forget about my injuries and motivated me in so many ways.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I was surprised about how easy it was to get started on Etsy. The Etsy layout is easy to follow and the guidelines are simple and straight forward.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
At first it was getting photos correct and appealing. Now it is keeping up with SEO and those changes. I am not a web designer and so much of the SEO language seems like Greek but I think I am getting the hang of it.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Fun designs in superb fabrics made with quality constructions. I hate buying clothing that just falls apart after the first washing. No matter how cute it is, if it doesn't hold up, it is not worth it - especially with kids clothes. All of my clothes are very well made and hard wearing. No planned obsolescences here, I want my designs to be passed down.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Friendly, Fun and Determined!

What do you do when you aren't working?
I enjoy a meal out with my daughter and husband, playing with Timmy and just relaxing with Hulu.

Pink Mouse Boutique is offering a free shipping for our blog reader  To use the coupon, visit her etsy store and enter code 'ETSYKIDSPROMO' at checkout. The voucher is valid on US mail shipping and May 2013.


$38.00

$26.00

$44.00

$12.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...