Meet Etsy Seller PersonalityChildrens

Posted Thursday, November 22, 2012


Today we would like to introduce you to Salinda
and her Etsy shop PersonalityChildrens

Personality Childrens has been selling on Etsy since February 2008, she sells a beautiful range of handmade
custom children's clothing! Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

$38.00

$35.00

$45.00

$52.00

What motivated you to start your shop? 
I'm a momma who loves to sew!  Since college I've sewn all sorts of things for myself.  When my kids came along, I began sewing children's clothes for them, and then as gifts for my friends' children. When my friends began to request pieces for their own kids, my shop was born.  The shop was just a hobby until the winter of 2011 when two friends encouraged me to buy a bolt of seersucker fabric and jump into the hand-made children’s clothing market with both feet.  (Thanks Jane and Ashley for the push!)  It took a lot of faith, but I LOVE my job!

What is the story behind your shop name?
When I first started sewing for customers, the process was simple:  choose a style (jon jon or jumper), choose a fabric, and choose a design.  It was, and still is, my aim to create the perfect piece to capture a child's personality to a 'T'.  That's how the name PersonaliTy Children's Clothes came about!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I started my Etsy shop with only the most basic of retail knowledge.  I knew customer service was key, but I didn't have the first clue about SEO or tagging or even shop stats.  In the last 2 years, I've learned a few essentials.  The most helpful advice I read was about finding my niche!  I've also learned how to create detailed and inviting listings, beautiful photos, accurate tags, and marketing with social media.   Today, I strive to find the balance between being a full-time mom and a shop owner.  Google Calendar, Evernote, and a pile of sticky notes certainly help with that.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My goal is simple:  to create sweet, Southern children's classics that a family can treasure forever.  I'm honored to be a part of the special moments in so many lives--baptisms, christenings, weddings, holidays, birthdays.  These are the moments that mommas are going to capture in photographs and share again and again.  Because of this, I'm careful to create only the best.

Many pieces I offer have a little Louisiana flair.  As a Louisiana girl, my shop would be incomplete without southern classics like seersucker and gingham.  I also stock plenty of Mardi Gras, purple and gold, and black and gold designs!

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
From my 11-year-old:  My Mom is creative and kind and cool in a nerdy sort of way.
From my 7-year-old:  My Mom makes the best red beans and rice and pound cake in the world.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not by my sewing machine, I'm probably in carpool line or beside the pool!  My two are 7 and 11.  They swim year-round with our city's competitive swim team and we love every minute of the chlorine, the meets, the craziness, and the water!  I also spend a lot of time volunteering at the kids' school and with our preschoolers at church.  No matter where I am, you can bet I've got a glass of sweet tea, a Sonic drink, or a hot mug of Community Coffee in hand!

Personality Childrens is offering a free shipping on your holiday orders for our blog reader  To use the coupon, visit her etsy store and enter code 'HOLIDAYRUSH2012' at checkout. The voucher is valid on domestic Priority Mail shipping and expires December 17th 2012.

$40.00

$40.00

$40.00

$40.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...