Different...

Posted Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good Morning Divas!!!
I hope everyone had a fantastic week, despite the tragedy's in the entertainment world. I know all three deaths impact almost the entire worlds population. It makes you see that even people we grew up thinking were untouchable....well, aren't - and we should cherish each moment we have with our loved ones and live life to the fullest.

Today I would like to share a small piece that my boyfriend (for you Sex and the City fans - he's my man friend - LOL) sent to me and I got it yesterday.


People share so much in common, yet are so magnificently different. They think differently; they have different and sometimes competing values, motivations and objectives. Conflicts naturally ark out of these differences. Society's competitive approach to resolving the conflict and differences tends to center on 'winning as much as you can' Though much good has come from the skillful art of 'compromise', where both sides give on their positions until an acceptable middle point is reached, neither side ends up truly pleased. What a waste to have differences drive people to the lowest common denominator between them!!! What a waste to fail to unleash the principle of creative cooperation in developing solutions to problems that are better than either party's original notion!!!

This, of course is true with your significant other, work affiliates and kids, it is true in almost any situation. It feels extremely uncomfortable at first (for a professional arguer like myself) but once you get in the habit of really listening to the other opinion instead of just 'thinking of what you'll say next - once they shut up'. I can personally vouch that this does, indeed work!

Enjoy your weekend! Me and my crew are off to the pool!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...